Saturday, May 31st, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Join us for this fun filled day at the Pine River Public Library in Bayfield, CO to learn about gardening in the Growing Dome from both new and long-standing instructors of the Growing Spaces team. Topics will cover aspects of soil, composting, insects, seeding, and transplanting and will include interactive exercises in the 22′ Growing Dome and outdoor community garden at the “Living Library”.
- Dana Hayward: Master of Agricultural Sciences, Master Gardener
- Heather Burger: Permaculture greenhouse gardener, landscape designer
- Claudia Stover: Growing Dome gardener, water gardener
- Udgar Parsons: Growing Spaces founder, inventor of the Growing Dome
- Stacey Couch: Growing Dome gardener
Presentations will be on the following topics:
- How to choose the right soil for your new Growing Dome
- Already own a Growing Dome? Bring a sample of your soil along for analysis.
- Learn about maintaining soil through the years
- Water plant propagation
- What plants work in the unique environment of the above ground pond
- How to maintain your plants through the seasons
- What food to plant when
- A month-by-month outline on what to sow, transplant, and harvest
- Receive an electronic planting calendar by email
- The history of the Growing Dome
- In celebration of 25 years in business – stories of the evolution of the Growing Dome
- What to and not to put in your compost
- Hot composting
- How long to let your pile “cure”
- Seeding & transplanting
- Insects: Pests & Beneficials
- Networking with other Growing Dome owners
- Bring your lunch and spend the hour networking with other owners
- Find out what’s working for them and share your ideas
Fee: $50 for the early bird registration (by May 10th) and $60 from May 11-31.
These classes fill up fast and space is limited, so register early!
To Register email email@example.com or call 800-753-9333