Starting in late December 2020, the solar-powered water feature was upgraded to an 8″ wide spillway, designed to be covered with rock or other material of your choice. It attaches directly to the top of the beam.
The sound of running water soothes frayed nerves. The ambiance and sense of serenity it creates is so invaluable. The Solar Water Feature provides aeration for the Above Ground Pond, adding oxygen to the water for the fish and plants. The circulation also provides a beneficial environment for snails and prevents algae formation. A solar panel on the roof of the greenhouse powers the pump directly, so the Water Feature only runs when the sun is shining. The Solar Powered Water Feature upgrade consists of a pump, an 8″ Spillway, two filter pads (fine and coarse), BioBalls, a solar panel, tubing, electrical cords, switch, and connecting hardware. Flagstone and river rock decorations are not included.
Solar Water Feature Specifications
- 5 watt, 12 volt pump
- 240 Gallons Per Hour (GPH)
- 3 year limited manufacture warranty for the pump
- 180 GPH at 2′ head height
- 8″ Spillway with two Filter Pads (fine and coarse)
- BioBalls to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria
- 20 – 30 watt solar panel
- Switch, wiring, tubing and connecting hardware