No cheese at all as a matter a fact, this vegan cheesecake is SO good. You will think I am totally pulling your leg that is actually GOOD for you. You can indulge & be decadent, all you want, and not worry an ounce!
Time: 1 hour 10 minutes Servings: 10
No Cheese Cheesecake Ingredients
For the vegan cheesecake crust:
– 1/2 cup raw almonds
– 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
– 1/2 cup shredded coconut
– dash of salt
For the vegan cheesecake filling:
– 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (Don’t forget to soak them overnight)
– 1/2 cup lemon juice
– 1/2 cup light agave nectar
– 4 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 10 oz Fresh Dome Grown blueberries or strawberries!
– 6 tbsp of maple syrup
– 2 tbsp of lemon juice
– 2 tbsp of arrowroot
Prepare the Crust
1. Combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor
**They will begin to form together and stick. Should be crumbly and sticking. Pro Tip: If it is not sticking add extra raisins to the bottom.
2. Press into the bottom of a standard pie pan.
3. Place in freezer until you finish the filling and topping
Prepare the filling
1. Combine all of the filling ingredients into your food processor or blender.
2. Blend everything together until it reaches a yogurt consistency.
3. Scrape the filling into your chilled pie crust. Let this permeate in the fridge for at least an hour.
Top it off
1. Combine the maple syrup, lemon juice, and arrowroot in a medium saucepan.
2. Whisk it until smooth.
3. Add the fresh berries of your choice.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir often so it doesn’t burn or stick.
5. Turn down the heat, and continue to stir until it looks something of an ooey-gooey mess.
6. Let your ooey-gooey topping cool for at least 20 minutes
This serves 10, it is gluten-free, vegan, and scrumdiddlyumptious as Willie Wonka would say!