Pumpkin Squash Risotto
Harvest time is upon us for pumpkin and all varieties of squash in and out of the Growing Dome. I love a nice warm comfort food as the leaves begin to change, the days get shorter, and the nights colder. Risotto is just that! Here is a recipe from my kitchen to yours!
Serves 1-2 Total Time: 1 hour
What you need:
Prep & Cook:
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Add the prepared squash to the buttered saucepan
- Stir frequently, until the edges of the cubes are softened (Approximately 6-7 minutes)
- Add the rice; stir to coat it
- Add the white wine wine; cook until almost all the liquid evaporates- (Approximately 1-3 minutes)
- Add a 1/2 cup of HOT chicken broth; Simmer on medium low
- Cook it down until it is almost completely absorbed
- Add the remaining chicken broth 1/2 cup at a time until the liquid has permeated the rice and absorbed. (Approximately 35 minutes)
- Add the parmesan and rosemary + a touch of salt and sage.
- Garnish as you see fit with the herbs, cheese, and pepper.
This dish will warm you from the inside out. ENJOY!