What is a Growing Dome?
Here’s why a Growing Dome is so vastly different from a regular greenhouse:
Let’s start outside,
- It is an energy efficient aerodynamic design that is immensely strong and resilient.
- The wind flows effortlessly around it and the snow slides readily off it.
- The geodesic shape “tracks” the sun, giving steady heat input all day long.
- The shape is much more energy efficient than a rectangle enabling it to store the heat to stay warm on cold winter nights.
Come inside and you will see the real difference:
The average greenhouse contains shelves with plants in pots and is essentially a season extender unless you add significant extra heating and cooling.
The Growing Dome is a complete self-contained indoor garden, with trees, shrubs and low growing vegetables fruit and flowers.
It is your own protected indoor garden and what’s more, it flourishes every month of the year.
Because of the amazing combination of features and its passive solar design it requires little or no extra costs for heating or cooling.
• The built-in heat storage features catch the heat of the sun in the day and releases it slowly at night.
• North Wall Insulation acts as a warm blanket in the winter and a cooling umbrella in the summer.
• The automatic windows create a chimney effect, helping the space to stay cool
• During the winter months ,the central air system and the above ground pond help to keep the Growing Dome warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
• All these state-of-the-art features combine to create a year-round growing environment.
We’re been refining and improving our product for 25 years, so you can enjoy the fruits of our labors.
We’d love for you to hear what Growing Dome owners have to say: